Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mayfly Memory

This is a really good post from a really good blog. Especially point #2, which I totally need to take to heart. But darn it, you're all so interesting!

I had a good idea for a blog post today. Like an unfortunate number of my good ideas, I don't remember it now. This is why I carry a notebook with me everywhere, because I occasionally get brainspurts while I'm sitting on the bus during my whopper of a commute (I mean, what else am I going to do except sit and think? I get motion sickness if I try to read.)

I have learned that these ideas MUST be written down in the moment, however, because even five minutes later, I'm losing some of the logical flow of whatever conversation I was inventing. An hour later, I only remember it was good. Not what it was.

It's a bit like when you have an awesome dream, and wake up enough to think, 'Oh, wow, I've got to remember this,' and, of course, when you really wake up, all you remember is thinking that, not the dream.

The nice thing is, unlike the dreams, occasionally my ideas do re-surface. So if I ever figure out what that good blog post idea was (and remember to write it down), you'll hear about it here.

Pageloads since 01/01/2009: