Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Twitter

In a wonderful case of synchronicity, I furtively created a Twitter account last night only to have Stuart Neville coax me into using it for the first time today. He's running a contest!

Specifically, Stuart's running a contest to hype the release of his much-anticipated debut novel, The Ghosts of Belfast--which, if you live in the States, you can buy this Thursday! Squee! (Canadians have to wait until Nov. 2nd, apparently. Sniffle, grumble, whine.) The contest runs until Hallowe'en, so you can tweet-to-win at your leisure.

I'm, um, more than slightly ignorant about the subtleties of using Twitter, and I suspect it'll take me a while to figure out what I want to do with it (spam the world with bad haiku? Probably.) However, I'd love to follow any of you who already have a Twitter account providing you help me figure out how the hell to do so if you'll let me know what your Twitter-handle is.

My page is http://twitter.com/jjdebenedictis, and chances are, if you follow me, I'll follow you. After all, the only Twitter-buddy I've scored so far is a spambot.

But he's cute. *pets little spambot*

Author website: J. J. DeBenedictis

Pageloads since 01/01/2009: