Sunday, April 04, 2010

AI Pep Rally | Get That WIP Cracking | Thank You, Beta-Testers!

The chocolate has scrambled my brains like an Easter egg fought over by toddlers. This week's post is a random assortment of quasi-thoughts. Happy Cheap Chocolate Day, everyone! And best wishes for the holiday, if this is a religious occasion for you.

~~~~~~~

As one of the many procrastination-enabling protocols of the GLaDOS system, accessed through the Aperature Science Enrichment Centre, I've been playing Portal.

For those of you who have no idea what that last sentence meant, I just finished a computer game called Portal. Twice. Not just for the fun but also for the nifty song at the end.

And although the song is sung by a criminally-insane computer, it does have one stanza I admit to being tickled by:
But there's no sense crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake
There's a good mantra for everyone chasing a dream, isn't it? Set-backs are to be dealt with by cake and perseverence.

And maybe not by procrastinating by playing computer games.

~~~~~~~

Speaking of procrastination, I took a short writing break after sending off my novel to my agent. My next book is outlined already, and I thought that would make it easy to just jump back into writing.

It probably would have, had I not taken the break. Because I did, however, I'm now back into procrastination mode, where some bit of my brain snivels and wants to scurry away whenever I look at the task of getting started again.

Which means the only thing to do is get back on The Koala's schedule of at least 100 words a day. Forcing that habit leads to doing more than 100 words per day, generally--but even if it doesn't, it at least leads to getting more than zero done.

~~~~~~~

Thank you to everyone who has taken a moment to beta test The Book Trailer Project, especially Fairy Hedgehog, who has give lots of feedback! I very much appreciate it, everyone.

~~~~~~~

Please pretend this squiggly-blob thing is an avant-garde Easter egg:

Author website: J. J. DeBenedictis

Pageloads since 01/01/2009: