Monday, November 01, 2010

Oh, No--I Mean, Go, Go, NaNoWriMo!



I've got my pompoms out and my short skirt on for everyone doing NaNoWriMo this year. I am already shouting, "Go, mighty fingers, go!" and "You can do eeeet!" at all you brave souls, for this is a gutsy and inspiring thing you do!

But note where I'm standing? Over here on the sidelines? Yeah, this is where I plan to stay. And quite happily so too, thank you.

As I've told a few of you, I did the Three Day Novel contest once, and as far as I'm concerned, that gives me a lifetime exemption from doing NaNoWriMo.

That said, I'm going to unofficially try to increase my own word count this month, because for the past three, I've kinda been sucking golf balls in terms of my output. I doubt I'll make 50,000 words like you stalwart NaNoers are aiming for, but I wouldn't mind getting an honest ten points from The Koala (which means 22,000 words.)

The NaNoers are free to mock that piddling goal. I shall have my pompoms and my sanity to console me!


Author website: J. J. DeBenedictis

Pageloads since 01/01/2009: